In this article, we will guide you through a comprehensive checklist of steps to create SEO-friendly content using ChatGPT, from identifying your target keyword to auditing your final blog post for continuous improvements. I would not recommend copying and pasting content directly from ChatGPT. You need to have a focus keyword, understand search intent, and optimize your content for search engines. In addition, your blog post needs to be helpful if you want to rank high. Last but not least, incorporating visual elements is vital if you want to rank high on Google.
Download my content creation for SEO ChatGPT prompts here: https://surfsideppc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Content-Creation-Checklist-Prompts.docx.pdf
Video: ChatGPT Content Creation Checklist for SEO
You can view the video embedded below or watch it directly on the Surfside PPC YouTube channel.
Join Surfside VIP today for only $2.99/month! Learn how to create a successful online business. Watch me build my websites and my YouTube channel to 500,000+ views per month and get all of my strategies.
8-Step Checklist for ChatGPT Content
It’s not easy to rank high on search engines for popular keywords. There is a lot of competition in the search results so you need to focus on creating the most helpful resource on the internet. The steps below will help you improve your rankings when you create new content, especially if you are using ChatGPT.
Step 1 – Identify Your Target Keyword
The first step in creating SEO-optimized content with ChatGPT is to identify your target keyword. Your target keyword is the main keyword or keyphrase that you want your content to rank for on search engines. It’s essential to choose a relevant and high-traffic keyword that aligns with the topic and purpose of your content. You can use keyword research tools such as Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, or Ahrefs to identify keywords with high search volume and low competition.
Step 2 – Identify Search Intent For Your Target Keyword
Once you have identified your target keyword, it’s crucial to understand the search intent behind it. Search intent refers to the reason why a user is searching for a particular keyword. It could be informational, navigational, transactional, or commercial. Understanding the search intent will help you create content that meets the needs and expectations of users, which is a crucial factor in achieving higher rankings on Google. For example, if your target keyword is “best SEO practices,” the search intent is likely informational, and users are looking for information on SEO best practices.
Step 3 – Review Current Pages That Rank For Your Target Keyword
Before creating your content, it’s essential to review the current pages that are ranking for your target keyword. Analyze the top-ranking pages to understand their content structure, format, and relevant information. This will give you insights into what type of content Google considers valuable and relevant for your target keyword. Take note of the headings, subheadings, and overall structure of the top-ranking pages to guide you in creating your content.
Step 4 – Generate An Outline For Your Blog Post
Now that you have a clear understanding of your target keyword and the search intent behind it, it’s time to generate an outline for your blog post. An outline will help you structure your content and ensure that you cover all the necessary information in a logical and organized manner. Your outline should include the main heading and subheadings that align with your target keyword and the search intent. Make sure to use keyword-rich titles for your headings and subheadings to optimize your content for search engines.
Step 5 – Write Your Blog Post – Add FAQs And Statistics
With your outline in place, it’s time to start writing your blog post. As you write, make sure to incorporate relevant FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and statistics to add value to your content. FAQs provide answers to common questions that users may have related to your topic, and including them in your content can help improve user experience and engagement. Similarly, using relevant statistics and data in your content can add credibility and authority to your content, making it more valuable to users and search engines.
Step 6 – Insert Helpful Videos And Images to Your Blog Post
Another effective way to enhance your content and make it more engaging is by including helpful videos and images. Videos and images can provide visual aids that help users better understand your content and make it more interactive. You can embed relevant videos from platforms like YouTube or Vimeo that are related to your topic or create your own videos to add value to your content. Additionally, you can include high-quality images that are optimized with alt tags and captions.
Step 7 – On-page SEO For Your Blog Post
Creating content that is optimized for search engines is essential for improving your blog post’s visibility and attracting organic traffic. Here are some key on-page SEO elements to include in your content creation checklist:
- Keyword Research: Start by conducting keyword research to identify the target keyword(s) for your blog post. Use keyword research tools to find keywords with high search volume, low competition, and relevance to your content.
- Title Tag and Meta Description: Optimize your title tag and meta description with your target keyword. These are the snippets that appear in search engine results, and they can greatly impact click-through rates.
- Headings and Subheadings: Use headings (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to structure your content and make it more readable for both users and search engines. Incorporate your target keyword in at least one heading, preferably in the H1 tag.
- Content Quality: Create high-quality content that provides value to your readers. Focus on creating original, engaging, and informative content that answers users’ search queries.
- URL Structure: Use a clean and descriptive URL structure for your blog post. Include your target keyword in the URL, and avoid using numbers or irrelevant characters.
- Internal and External Links: Incorporate internal and external links in your content. If other pages enhance the users experience, then link to other resources as well.
Step 8 – Audit Your Final Blog Post and Continuously Make Improvements
Once you have created and published your blog post, it’s crucial to continuously audit and make improvements to optimize its performance.
- Proofreading and Editing: Thoroughly proofread and edit your blog post to ensure it’s error-free, grammatically correct, and flows smoothly for a reader.
- SEO Audit: Conduct a regular SEO audit of your blog post to ensure it’s still optimized for search engines.
- User Experience Audit: Evaluate the user experience of your blog post by analyzing factors such as website loading speed, mobile-friendliness, and overall usability. Make improvements to enhance user experience, as it’s a crucial factor in SEO rankings.
- Content Updates: Keep your content up-to-date by regularly updating it with fresh information, statistics, or relevant insights. This not only improves your content’s SEO value but also helps you provide accurate and up-to-date information to your readers.
Feel free to add your own steps to the checklist. I would consider this checklist to be the bare minimum if you are producing content with ChatGPT. The more helpful information you incorporate in your blog post and if you improve on-page SEO, you will rank higher for your targeted keywords. Avoid Google penalties by creating unique content, even if ChatGPT is helping your content creation along the way.